Vietnam Support Manufacturing Engineer
Posted Nov 01, 2016
Wahl Clipper corporation
Wahl is currently searching for a Manufacturing Engineer that will interface and support our factory and suppliers located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This position will be located in our global headquarters in Sterling, IL. The candidate must be fluent in Vietnamese (verbal and written) and must be able to travel to Vietnam frequently. This role will require evening work, due to time differences.
LOCATION: Sterling, IL
• Provide manufacturing and operational support to our Vietnam operations and suppliers
• Identify, direct, and support projects that will achieve quality, delivery, and cost targets
• Design, develop, and qualify tools, equipment, and manufacturing processes
• Support New Product Introductions
• Ideal candidate will be able to lead projects, but still be involved enough to be hands on
• Fluent in Vietnamese (verbal and written)
• 5+ years of “hands on” experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment
• Knowledge and experience with grinding, stamping, or injection molding
• Experienced in jig and fixture design
• Experience designing and developing tooling, equipment, or manufacturing processes
• Technically proficient with mechanical principles and basic knowledge of electrical principles
• Working knowledge of quality control and assurance systems
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team environment.
• CAD experience is a plus.
• Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices is a plus.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Commitment to Quality is a must
• Experience with New Product Development and Supply Chain are also required.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing).
Post a Job
To get started, tell us about your company.