Terrapin Bright Green, a sustainability consulting and strategic planning firm, is seeking a full-time Junior Research Analyst with strong communication skills and an interest in environmental issues in the built environment who will be able to take on a variety of multidisciplinary research projects and administrative tasks. As a research analyst, you will support Project Managers and firm Partners to carry out a number of short- and long-term projects, with some opportunities for client interaction. You may also be expected to support various administrative and public relations efforts, including maintaining the firm’s website, blog, newsletter, and social media accounts.
Salary & Benefits
Annual salary of $40,000–$45,000 to commence with experience, with opportunity for growth and professional advancement. Full benefits and 401k after three months full-time employment. Only applicants comfortable with salary range should apply.
Anticipated job placement by late May or early June 2017.
- Excellent editing, verbal and written communications skills – A good deal of the job of “Consultant” lies in appropriately messaging our work for clients.
- Ability to distinguish quality research resources, properly cite and manage research documents, and clearly synthesize and articulate ideas for our project reports, blog posts, and published works.
- Ability to work independently, but should also be able to follow directions and be confident about asking for guidance when necessary.
- Ability to look beyond smaller details to find broader connections and opportunities for a project – Terrapin’s work depends upon marrying the expertise of team members from a number of different disciplines and pulling out the essential, big-picture strategies.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized amidst distractions, communicate directly with project managers, manage time efficiently, and produce high-quality written work – Must be comfortable with juggling multiple project tasks and deadlines.
- Previously demonstrated interest or involvement with the world of architecture, sustainable design, environmental conservation, municipal planning, or social justice organizations.
- Undergraduate degree and 0-3 years related work experience.
- Comfort with Google Drive and Microsoft Office software.
- Must live in the New York City area – Terrapin is unable to provide relocation support.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS6 or later), particularly InDesign.
- Familiarity with USGBC’s LEED rating system and other sustainability rating systems and standards.
- Undergraduate coursework or previous experience in architecture, energy systems, architectural design, engineering, environmental psychology, or health sciences.
Upload your application packet as a single PDF document under the "Your Resume" field. Your application packet MUST include the following: (1) Cover letter, 1 pg max; (2) Resume, 1 pg max; (3) Writing sample, 1–6 pg or excerpt (this is an opportunity to showcase your writing skills, so the topic is less important); and (4) a computer graphics example (optional). The application must have your name and email address at the top right-hand corner of each page. As an alternative, visit our blog for instructions on how to apply.
Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Complete applications received by May 3, 2017, will be given priority in the review process. Applications received after the deadline will be given lower priority in the review process. Any updates to the application deadlines will be posted on our website.