Executive Associate to the President
Ceres is a not-for-profit organization that partners with institutional investors, large companies, environmental organizations and other public interest groups, with the goal of mobilizing investor and business leadership to build a thriving, sustainable global economy.
Ceres plays a unique role in the sustainability movement by bringing the perspective and power of investors to environmental and social issues, and specifically to the performance, practices and policies of corporations. Through its Investor Network on Climate Risk, Ceres has been able to mobilize over 120 institutional investors representing more than $14.5 trillion in assets to better understand and properly value climate and water-related risks and opportunities. Ceres works to foster corporate leadership on sustainability issues and mobilize private sector actors in support of public policies for long-term sustainability. Ceres works with over 65 major companies to integrate environmental and social issues into core business practices. Additionally, Ceres mobilizes a powerful network of leading companies (Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy) to advocate for national and state climate, energy and water policies.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
We seek an energetic go-getter to support the President of Ceres. This is a crucial position, providing administrative support, as well as acting as the administrative liaison to the Ceres board of directors. The Executive Associate role is a full-time position and reports to the President. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Managing the Ceres President’s Office
• Evaluate event and speaking requests and recommend appropriate engagements to provide highest value to the organization
• Proactively manage the President’s calendar; schedule and prioritize meetings with internal and external partners
• Respond to e-mail and other correspondence on behalf of the president
• Drive event briefings for the President, including drafting speaking points and presentations, and ensuring appropriate staff support
• Develop and drive a communications plan to ensure up-to-date contact with opinion leaders in the field
• Act as primary point of contact for the President; prioritize phone calls, correspondence, and day-to-day work streams, and ensure appropriate follow-through
• Provide event support for the President as needed, including conducting research, drafting speaking points and attending meetings
• Provide support for the President’s on-site meetings, including taking minutes during meetings and ensuring follow-through on action items
• Manage the President’s social media presence through Twitter and additional outlets
• Manage travel plans and arrangements
• Manage special projects, as required
Management & Coordination of the Systems of Ceres
• Act as liaison between staff and the President
• Provide guidance to staff regarding involving President in internal meetings; prioritize and facilitate internal access to the President
• Provide guidance and support to junior-level staff, particularly in regards to coordinating strategic event opportunities and prep materials for those events
• Proactively track all organizational priorities and ensure the as-needed inclusion of the President at critical decision-making points
• Advise CEO and COO on organizational dynamics to ensure strong management and coordination of organizational systems
Board of Directors / President’s Council
• Continually identify and drive key opportunities for integration and engagement of the Board into Ceres’ programmatic mission
• Oversee the Ceres bylaws and ensure good governance of the board according to the bylaws
• Manage the relationship between the President and the board of directors
• Drive the creation and implementation of a standardized method of board communications
• Support the President in strategically building the board of directors, and work to identify points of intersection between the Board of Directors and the President’s Council
• Act as liaison to Ceres Board; plan and execute logistics for meetings; prepare meeting materials, such as drafting meeting agenda, resolutions, minutes and any additional materials requested by the President
• Manage donor and prospect target list, as it relates to building trips and meetings with external constituents
• Drive the scheduling of meetings with donors and donor prospects in an effort to build unrestricted donor revenue, provide prep for the President; and drive appropriate follow up
• Develop quarterly development outreach plans for the President
General Office Administrative Support
• Perform clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, and sending faxes and correspondence; compile and submit President’s monthly expenses
• Act as primary back-up for answering the general Ceres phone line, greeting visitors, and routing deliveries
• Perform general office administrative support
• Provide conference and event support
• Bachelor degree, required.
• Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Proactive approach to creating and continually improving systems
• Sound judgment, high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to handle confidential information and to maintain a high level of discretion, diplomacy and courtesy in all contacts with staff, board and external people
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including consistently professional telephone communications and good writing ability
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
• Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs
• Strong academic background and willingness to continue learning
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, list of three references, two writing samples, and a letter describing their qualifications, interests, and potential contribution to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please list “Executive Associate to the President” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.