WegoWise is looking for an Energy Analyst with a strong interest in environmental science or building engineering to join our Customer Success team and drive the delivery and evolution of the Premium Reporting service. This role produces building energy reports that leverage the WegoWise data analytics platform and gives customers actionable insight on how to improve the energy efficiency of real estate portfolios. The Energy Analyst role collaborates closely with all departments, including Sales, Product, Marketing and Engineering. The right candidate is a self-starter, independent and analytical thinker, and is motivated to work for a fast-paced, mission-driven organization.
About Our Company
WegoWise is a mission-driven for-profit company, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions.
- Leverage the WegoWise platform and dataset of building characteristics and utility data to produce Premium reports for customers
- Analyze energy performance of customer property portfolios
- Generate Measurement and Verification reports that assess energy and financial savings from building retrofits
- Understand utility billing in different jurisdictions, particularly rate structures of different utility types
- Identify and analyze discrepancies in historical utility data for actionable customer insights
- Tailor recommendations based on specific performance issues (baseload, heating/cooling systems)
- Collaborate closely with Client Managers to meet customer-facing deadlines while ensuring reporting quality
- Work closely with sales to support business objectives
- Collaborate with engineering and product management to develop new analytical tooling
- Identify ways to improve processes and reports; communicate resource needs effectively to improve team productivity
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field, environmental studies is a plus
- Interest in energy efficiency, utility or building management, sustainability or power sectors
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn web applications and software platforms
- More than two years experience working in a reporting or analytical role is preferred
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple deadlines and reporting types simultaneously
- Independent and self directed, with the ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Adapt well to changing systems and workloads, reactive and flexible
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Naturally motivated to seek out and fix problems in a methodical way
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Suite
- Commitment to WegoWise’s vision, mission, and values
- Be a nice person :)
- Location: Boston (HQ)
Competitive salary and great benefits.
We treat our employees well.
Health and dental insurance, stock options, generous vacation, commuter benefits, professional development, and more.